Saturday, February 11, 2012

My latest adventure: bridging the gap between knowing and doing

For a couple of months now, I've been working my way through A Spiritual Formation Workbook,* because I found a used copy at a local thrift store, and it looked interesting.  I thought it might prove useful for a neighborhood Bible study - which it would, by the way. 

However, for me, it's been useful in providing me with a foundation and hands-on activities for daily practice.  When it comes to getting closer to God, knowing what I ought to do and actually doing it can be two very different things.  A book like this can help to close the gap between intellectual grasp and daily living.


*Smith, James Bryan and Lynda Graybeal.  A Spiritual Formation Workbook:  Small-Group Resources for Nurturing Christian Growth.  New York:  HarperCollins, 1993.

No comments:

Post a Comment