Tuesday, August 22, 2017

2017 Road Trip: Day One, Mesilla NM Cont.


These images seem twinned to me, somehow. It's not just the visual similarity of two slender white vertical objects; it's also that I took the two photos one after the other without remembering the prayerful figure from the previous shot  When I loaded the photos into Aperture and saw them for the first time side by side, they just resonated.  Our subconscious minds are sometimes wiser than we know!

Downtown Mesilla is really lovely, BTW.  After wandering through the streets and shops, we had a great dinner at La Posta, which Google describes as a "New Mexican restaurant in an 18th century stagecoach station also features a piranha tank & aviary."  I loved the food - best Mexican cole slaw ever! - but of course the macaws, cockatoo and Amazon parrots stole my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment